Re: Flying squirrels and Saw-whet owl whine

Subject: Re: Flying squirrels and Saw-whet owl whine
From: "M, J, & V Phinney" <>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:31:04 -0700
The saw-whet owl 'screams' and the flying squirrel chirpings sound right to
me....we have lots around here in northeastern BC. The squirrels at my
feeder (they show up every night) actually sound a fair bit higher pitched
and more faint than the ones you posted....but close enough. I couldn't
hazard a guess as to the ID of the mystery grunts.

Mark Phinney
Dawson Creek BC