Some advice needed, please

Subject: Some advice needed, please
From: "mdolson80" <>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 19:43:49 -0000
I am going to the amazon in January and am looking to get some good,
VERY PORTABLE recording equipment. so far, i have been directed to
the Telinga parabolics (Pro-5 setup) for super-directional recording
to use with a consumer MD recorder, such as the Sharp MD-DR7. for
ambient recordings I was advised to get a Sennheiser ME-62 mic and a
K6 Battery/Phantom Powering Module.

I am very new to all of this and I don't want to end up with
recordings i am unsatisfied with, as i won't get another chance to
go to the amazon for quite awhile. i need to keep the price of
eveything as close to $1500-$2000 as i can. can anyone agree with
the suggestions listed above, or give alternate choices to consider,
only if you believe the alternate choice would be better than that
listed above? i am right at the edge of my budget with these
choices, so please keep that in mind when giving any alternate
suggestions . . .. Also, are there any accessories that are going to
be invaluable for me to consider for the conditions i will be
working in (i.e. - tropical jungle enviroment)? thank you very much
for any help you might offer - i just joined this group and i am
looking forward to getting more involved . . .. :)

-mike olson