Re: Intro

Subject: Re: Intro
From: Aaron Ximm <>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:02:57 -0700 (PDT)
> I do have a couple of questions already, but will stick to only one for
> now (please excuse me if this has been discussed before): is there any
> way of transferring the recorded files from the MD to my PC via the USB
> cable (and not in real time using the MD's earphone outlet attached to

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, there is no way to digitally transfer files using portable
MD recorders.

You can however do a real-time digital transfer using TOSlink optical or
coaxial SPDIF from an MD deck such as the Sony JB920 and an appropriate
soundcard digital input, but not via USB.

I discuss this at slightly greater length at:

  http://www.quietamerican.org/links_gear.html

Best regards,
 aaron

  http://www.quietamerican.org