Re: cordless headphones

Subject: Re: cordless headphones
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:25:28 -0000
Brookstone manufactures nothing.  If you want this unit you need to
find the manufacturer and buy direct to get the cost down.  Seems
high to me but in exchange it is ready to go.

I was thinking about the very small "walkie-takies" for this unit.
These are available most everywhere now and it gives a 2 mile range.
I see uhf pairs selling for about $30.00 that have vox mic in (voice
activated transmit) and headphone out jacks. These jacks are usually
used for headsets for things like motorcycle drivers. Then you could
use the headphones of your choice and run a patch cable from the
recorder headphone out to the mic in jack so that it is locked in
transmit perpetual with the headphone volume set correctly.  I have
not yet checked the audio quality of these units with external
devices yet.  I also note that output to the headphones would be mono
which means that you would need a patch cord to convert your
headphones to mono if you went with this approach.  Anyone have a
pair of these little "walkie talkies" to try it out for us?

Rich Peet

--- In  Marty Michener <>

http://www.EnjoyBirds.com