Re: New Kid on the Block. With some Queries...

Subject: Re: New Kid on the Block. With some Queries...
From: "Greg Winterflood" <>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 08:55:09 -0000
--- In  Walter Knapp wrote:

> You will need a line input on your computer and some software that
can
> record sound from it. You will find that you do need to have at
least
> basic editing capabilities for the soundfile you get. Then, of
course
> some software to burn audio CD's from those files. You want to
bring the
> sound in at 16bit 44kHz sampling for audio CD's, though you can
resample
> the sound later if you have to. For PC, the file format you are
aiming
> at is .wav
>
> If your computer does not have a line input, but does have USB,
look
> into one of the USB audio I/O units. Kind of hard to stuff a new
> soundcard into a laptop. If you do have a line input, try it
before
> spending money.

Thanks Walt

One of my friends, who is a musician came in today to get immunized
prior to joing his wife in southern rural China where she is working
in education.  He says he can loan me some editing software and I
have found the line-in jack.

I'm just waiting for the gear to arrive and to find some time to get
into the garden.

Greg