Re: raven beak clicking

Subject: Re: raven beak clicking
From: Geoff Sample <>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:14:49 +0100
on 29/9/03 6:56 pm,  at
 wrote:

> From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
> Subject: RE: Re: raven beak clicking
>
> That would be great to listen to Geoff, Ravens (Corvus corax) are
> practically the same here, in fact you couldn't tell them apart mate, I
> live in the Seattle region in the Pacific Northwest and have been here
> now for about 7 years. I'm an ex-pat formally from good old bonnie
> Scotland, I had recorded Ravens in the Highlands of Scotland and indeed
> here, I've looked at sonograms of both sets of birds and I can find no
> difference.

Hi Martyn

Doug has posted the raven recordings and a carrion crow clicking/throat call
at
http://www.naturesongs.com/recordists/nrfiles.html

Where abouts in Scotland are you from? I had a good couple of weeks up in
Sutherland this June. Finally got close stereo of red-throated divers/loons
displaying; and raven family parties with the young giving loud howling
calls.

Midges still thriving though.

Best wishes, Geoff.

Geoff Sample

Wildsong Studios
Northumberland, UK
http://www.wildsong.co.uk

'Music is everywhere if only we had the ears to listen'. John Cage