RE: Portadisc again

Subject: RE: Portadisc again
From: "Dominique Laloux" <>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:42:24 +0200
> The details are recorded on the disk, it's part of the MD format. HHb
> just reads the details off the disk when asked. There is no
> reason for
> them to keep other than current track data in memory.
>
> I suppose it might be useful to download the disk catalog,
> but getting
> into the habit of keeping a field log will do more than trying to
> remember it later or stir around with such incomplete data.
> Walt

The direct download of the disk catalog would not eliminate the need for
accurate documentation, but it would certainly help. What I would like
to be able to download right away are, for each track, the track number,
the date and time, and the track length (in min:sec). That is usually
the very basic I write in my notes, after a recording session. As the
session's recordings have usually been made in the same place, I just
add that information to my notes later on.

I wonder if HHB would consider releasing a simple piece of sofware that
would do that. Or if someone with enough knowledge of USB could write
one...

Dominique