Re: Mp3's as a bird lure

Subject: Re: Mp3's as a bird lure
From: "Bill Elrick" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:37:14 -0000
Hi,
This may be the latest reply to any message ever on any Yahoo groups.
I sent this original message in September 2001.
I linked back to the original message so anyone interested could then
see all replies.
I have been informed that there is a discussion at present on the BTO
ringer's forum {closed to public} about this very subject.
I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who encouraged me to
keep trying and also to set the records straight as to the usefulness
of mp3's as a bird lure.
I can say that without question any bird that would be attracted to
tape or wav or any other kind of playback will also be attracted to
mp3 playback. It may even be better as some of my recent catches have
been quite exceptional.
Best species to use it on are Vireo's, Tanager's, Thrush, Ovenbird's
and other warbler's. There are few exceptions of course but it may be
the song that is the problem with say Yellow-throated vireo, Cedar
Waxwings and crows.
Thanks to all those who actually go into the country side armed with
a microphone, I have used these songs to great effect in my research.
 Thanks
 Bill Elrick
 NJ
--- In  "Bill Elrick" <>