RE: extended recording

Subject: RE: extended recording
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:35:46 -0700
This is so True, when I had my first PMD-690 I lost 2 hours worth of
what I thought was valuable recordings, at the time of recording I was
thrilled to bits of my capture, then later that day, I found that the
write phase failed on me, I was devastated, then I lost all data on a
340mb IBM Microdrive the very next week.
I would never put my faith in a drive bigger than 1 Gig, the prices for
these drives are very reasonable.
I must say since that period, I haven't had those problems but it is in
the back of my mind.
The read/write phase of the new PMD-670 is a lot quicker in the field
and I have banged it a couple of times and escaped the inevitable, I
think Marantz has buffered this to a degree. I do love the flashcard
recorders though and the quality is spot on!
The other thing I like is the portable flashcard storage, I can transfer
up to 40gigs direct from a flashcard onto a battery driven hard drive
when in the field and if the batteries fail, transfer reverts to normal
and no data is lost.

Martyn

Martyn Stewart
Jardiniere Plant Maintenance &