MS question

Subject: MS question
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:48:41 -0700
No, I don't think it's too narrow a field. A MKH60 will give you a
different sonic impression than a MKH 40 or 50. Some even like to use
an omni (MKH20) with the Figure 8. It all depends on what sound is
pleasing and/or accurate to your ear and considering the flexibility
of your desired end result. That's why some prefer binaural (and its
technical relatives), mono (w/ parabolic dishes and shotgun mics),
and others XY stereo. Whatever system creates the best illusion for
you both in the field and finally, in the mix, is what works. There
is no right or wrong, here. Only what you like to hear.

Bernie