Re: Frog Picture

Subject: Re: Frog Picture
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:43:22 -0400
Doug Von Gausig wrote:

> The Photo is now posted on the Nature Recordists files page at
> http://www.naturesongs.com/recordists/nrfiles.html  - go to the bottom of
> the page for a link to the photo.
>
> This looks like one of the Phyllobates poison-dart frogs to me.

Only photos of frogs I have from this region are in a booklet with a 2
CD set of the calls. They are so small it's hard to make out a lot of
detail, but several pictured in the group Dendrobatidae have the stripes
and a lot of other resemblance to the frog. Of the genera Allobates and
   Epipedobates.

I've seen the frog, or one very close to it in a zoo display somewhere.
Can't remember where now.

If there is a call recording I'd be happy to check it against what's on
the CD's.