RE: Looking for a sample of "raw" MS recordin g

Subject: RE: Looking for a sample of "raw" MS recordin g
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:26:06 -0700
OK, Dominique, I'll need an address to send the .WAV file to and will
be happy to do so. We're on a "land line" here. Neither cable or DSL,
so our transmission time is VERY slow. I'll send you a 30 second
sample, if that's ok, because that will take approximately 20 minutes
to upload from here.

I may be selling one of the three MS systems that I have, soon. Each
system consists of the following:
One each Sennheiser MKH30/40.
Rykote pistol-grip with shock mount, zeppelin wind screen, and high wind cover.
One Sound Devices pre-amp.
One pair of Sony MDR 7506 Pro headphones.
One Sony PCM M1 DAT recorder (w/ approx. 20 hrs of record/playback
time logged).
One mic tripod (expandable)
One 10m (33 ft.) mic cable.

I'd like to see this system sold as a whole without breaking it up.
The total cost new to me was $5821 USD. The entire system has been
use for not more than 20 hours total in the field and I am thinking
that $4,500.00USD should be fair. There's no pressure for me to sell
it and I'm in no hurry. But if you're interested, please contact me
directly and we'll discuss it. MS is certainly one elegant way to go
for field recording.

All best,
Bernie

Wild Sanctuary, Inc.