GA Frog CD

Subject: GA Frog CD
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:56:41 -0400
I've had to deal with many reporters this week, a surprising number for
what I consider a barely acceptable CD. Also lots in the scientific
community who are deluded enough to like it.

Another nature recordist wrote me and said the CNN news crawler today
had the announcement. Unbelievable! But it begins with "Alls Fair in
Love and Warts..." if it's still on.

The Augusta Chronicle article is online now:
http://augustachronicle.com/stories/081703/pav_pavey.shtml

In case your are wondering, the photo of me kitted out with Telinga and
Minidisc was a defensive measure. I kept getting requests for me to
provide a photo of myself out recording. So Justin and I finally just
went out and posed some. Some in the daylight, and some at night by
flash. Most reporters, including the AP wire story (that's probably what
got to CNN) used one of the daylight ones even though I told them the
appropriate ones were the night ones.

I hope all the publicity helps the DNR sales. As I've stated, I get no
return from this.