Re: Re: minidisc

Subject: Re: Re: minidisc
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:26:51 +0200
No, not really.

I wrote: With a high output /low impedance microphone, even inexpensive
amplifiers don't add noise above the noise level already caused by the
microphone electronics!

For naturesound recordists: The weakest link shall always be the microphone=
!

Like the Telinga output: You need a VERY noisy mic amp to make itself heard
above the high output level.

It's something else with music and sound effects recording: Then you might
need a mic/preamp combination which can handle strong sounds. OR: Suppose
the special coloring of a certain microphone fits a certain singer
extremelly well? Then you have to deal with the fact that it's output is
weak, and need a fitting preamp, etc.

Klas.