Re: Audio monitoring patent

Subject: Re: Audio monitoring patent
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 12:48:02 +1000
> Anyone in the group aware of the following patent and process?
> Bernie
>
> >Audio monitoring system for assessing wildlife biodiversity
> >
> # 5,956,463

I know little about US patent law, but this patent may not be valid
because of our publication below constitutes "prior art".

Andrew Taylor

Monitoring Frog Communities: An Application of Machine Learning,
Grigg G, G, Mccallum H, Taylor A, Watson G, Proceedings of Eighth Innovative
Applications of Artificial Intelligence Conference, Portland Oregon,
5-7 Aug. 1996, The AAAI Press.