Re: hydrophone questions

Subject: Re: hydrophone questions
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:43:20 -0700
Hydrophones can be got through Offshore Acoustics (Beverly Ford),
604-929-0440, N. Vancouver, BC. Sorry, don't know the email address
but she might have a web site. I've been using her h-phones for over
12 years, now, and find them to be reasonable (around $350USD),
relatively noise-free, durable, and sensitive.

Only problem might be the currents in the Bay. Make sure that the
h-phone is in a place that doesn't have a lot of streaming pressure
from water movement by the transducer. Otherwise, because they are so
sensitive, they will overload.

Bernie Krause