Re: Motorcycle Noise

Subject: Re: Motorcycle Noise
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:10:34 -0400

>How'd you do it, Rich? Give us a clue!
>
>Up here in Colorado, where I am on vacation, it's 4-wheelers - they
>all sound like 2-cycle go-carts, and they're pervasive in the
>mountains.
>
>Doug VG

Another useless noise story:

In the '70's in the Helderberg mountains of Albany County, NY, there is a
story about a renegade snow-mobiler whom even the "Helderberg Ridge Runners
Club" could never control.  They all made agreements, etc. and this one guy
was always reported crossing and tearing out farm fences, crossing walks,
driveways and lawns and the like, and no amount of phoned complaints to the
police seemed to daunt him.

One day, after a raft of such complaints, officer - we shall call him "X" -
drove his patrol car out to the shack home of the offender.  He got out of
the patrol car and knocked on the door.  There were recent tracks in the
snow, smoke pouring out of the chimney, all signs of human current
habitation, but the repeated knocks on the door went unanswered.

So after many a knock and a shout, officer "X" walked over to the still-hot
snow-mobile machine, and removed his .44 magnum from his holster.  Taking
careful aim, he placed two slugs in (or through) the air-cooled engine,
calmly reholstered his pistol, climbed in his patrol car and drove off.

The "offender" sent a complaining letter to the local newspaper, about
police harassment, damage to private property, etc. but it was hard for him
to establish any legal eye-witness status, as he had not answered his door
knock, and the storm of support letters to the newspaper about the town's
new hero "X" about shut up his complaints.

My best regards,

Marty Michener
MIST Software Associates PO Box 269, Hollis, NH 03049

EnjoyBirds.com  - Software that migrates with you.    http://www.EnjoyBirds.com