What is the influence of 12kHz to 14 kHz on your midrange hearing?

Subject: What is the influence of 12kHz to 14 kHz on your midrange hearing?
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:16:36 -0000
Hi, the title says it all :)
But I will explain it anyways.

A month ago I started some serious jogging; started real slow but
have now almost doubled my stamina.
Funny thing is, before I always had this high cut filter in my ears
that cutted everything above 12 kHz...

But now, after the blood flow thru the tiny parts of my ear, I can
hear up to 14 kHz (I haven't been able to hear this high for a
decade!!!).
Now all my CD's I have listened to for years start to sound a
bit 'harsh' there seems to be to much brightness in the recordings. I
know that this is not true ; it is just my interpretation of the
recorded music.
But it is really strange that this slight improvement above 10 kHz
has so much influence on my midrange hearing.

Has anyone ever had something like this before?

BTW, I have suffered insomnia for a decade too but now take pills and
sleep better ; instead of 2 to 3 hours I sleep a whole 8 hours in a
row ...

Regards, unhealthy Evert
who also suffered RSI for a decade :(
But is now cured to the level that I live my life almost pain free :)