singing micro-organisms

Subject: singing micro-organisms
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:09:35 -0700
The recording referenced below was recorded using an Offshore
Acoustics (Beverly Ford in Vancouver, BC) hydrophone in a large dish
of samples we had taken out of a spring pond at Mono Lake in the
Eastern Sierras just E. of Yosemite NP. When we refined the samples,
we found water boatman, insect larvae (sp. ?) and spade foot toad
tadpoles, all creating different signatures. So that seems to work.

I'll try to recover the reference paper. Since it had to do with
T-cell (a factor of HIV and AIDS) there was some interest from Dr.
Jay Levy's lab at UC (he's the fellow who discovered the AIDs virus
in the late 70s). I'll see if he still has it.

Bernie