Re: Digital Distortion

Subject: Re: Digital Distortion
From: Clifford Caruthers <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:16:23 -0700
Not to belabor the point (ok maybe a little bit), but not all of us
have 50 years of recording experience, Walt.  While I have a solid 10
under my belt, I make plenty of mistakes.  I think a little extra
canvas to work on certainly doesn't hurt, and my attitudes, wishes and
past experience, along with my ears, tell me that the 24bit system I
have sounds better at low levels....

Whether this difference is enough to warrant investment in a bunch of
new gear is another matter....  ;-)

> So, if we just think 24 bit is
> better, our brain will process sound to reinforce this attitude.
One could say the same thing in regard to 16 bit.

> I do not believe that 24 bit will
> substitute for experience.
Agreed.

I'll shut up now....