Build your own parabolic

Subject: Build your own parabolic
From: "1GDW" <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:39:45 -0000
I have three new photos for my parabolic, which is a work in
progress.
http://community.webshots.com/album/76318857rfcUau
 If anyone has recommendations I would be happy to hear them.  I
have done some crude tests and find the microphone separation to be
the most difficult thing to nail down. With this configuration I can
experiment in the field with natural sounds, attempting to get good
stereo recording.  I am also going to design a holder for the
microphones that will provide a barrier and serve as a PZM.  I had
one set up for a rough trial but I want more control so I judge any
loss in gain.  Check the archives #9486 for an explanation of the
first photos on the link.  This microphone holder is designed with
the idea of providing as much "free air" around the elements as
possible.  The microphones are from Radio Shack and I haven't any
idea where the diaphragm is located in the case, anyone care to
venture a guess?
Gerald White  Muscatine, IA