Re: Disk Crash

Subject: Re: Disk Crash
From: Geoff Sample <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:32:51 +0100
Hi Walt and other Mac users

You might be interested in checking out Personal Backup from Intego.
http://www.intego.com

A versatile, but simple bit of software to help with backing-up and
synchronising files, cost c.35 UKpounds. I've taken a similar approach to
you, Walt, in wanting to deal with different areas of data (apps, audio
files, docs etc.) in different ways. Since getting into large firewire
drives, it became obvious that I needed a more systematic approach to
backing-up. PB lets you set up any number of scripts for what volumes or
folders you want backed-up and where. On first run of the script it copies
the specified data; on subsequent runs it checks for changes and updates
where appropriate. Runs on OS9 and OSX.

I can't fully vouch for this bit of software since I only started using it =
few months ago. But it was straight forward to set up and learn, seems to
run well and does exactly what I want. But no... I'm not on any commission.

Is anyone on the list using Filemaker Pro to manage and link to their audio
files? Just so I could compare notes.

Regards, Geoff.