Re: Yard Recordings, was: Helicopters???

Subject: Re: Yard Recordings, was: Helicopters???
From: Doug Von Gausig <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:14:47 -0700
At 06:20 PM 6/9/2003, Klas wrote:
>Thought you might need something else.
>
><Http://www.telinga.com/gallery/sounds.htm>Http://www.telinga.com/gallery/=
sounds.htm

>click "My garden" - MP3 705 kByte

Beautiful! Tell us what the birds are, please. I recognize the Cuckoo, but=

the other two dominant singers?

I've posted a recording from my yard mic
at  http://www.naturesongs.com/recordists/nrfiles.html  The mic is a River=

Forks CVX fed directly to the sound card. The dominant sounds are: Bewick's=

Wren, Gambel's Quail, Lazuli Bunting, House Finch, Mourning Dove, Lesser
Goldfinch, Bullock's Oriole and Black-chinned Hummingbird.

I've set up a section of our binary file page
(http://www.naturesongs.com/recordists/nrfiles.html) near the bottom of the=

page for other members' "yard" recordings. Send one to me in MP3, and I'll=

post it along with whatever information you want to post. It would be nice=

to know what the dominant sounds are in each recording.

Doug

Doug Von Gausig
Clarkdale, Arizona, USA
Moderator