Re: Tascam Problem

Subject: Re: Tascam Problem
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:35:23 -0000
I would measure the voltage of the battery and then if ok, use
jumpers to determine if the amps pulled off the battery are ok.  I
don't have a schematic of the unit but the problem has to be either,
easy to fix, or just a bad cell in the battery pack and you need a
new pack.  I just don't see that much electronics unique on the dc
side of the dc and ac supplies in portable equipment.  Most dats will
power down if there is not enough voltage under load to garrentee a
constant rpm of the head.

Rich

--- In  "Kevin J. Colver"
<> wrote:
> Syd,
> My Tascam does the same thing, please let me know how you solve the
> problem.
> Kevin Colver

P1 DAT