Re: Tascam Problem

Subject: Re: Tascam Problem
From: "Adam Liberman" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:51:06 -0000
Syd,

The power connector has three pins, Pin1 7.2v In, Pin2 Gnd, and Pin3
Charger In. The 7.2v input has a reverse protection diode in series
with the input, which will drop the input voltage .6v less than your
internal battery is supplying. Nevertheless, Ecocharge makes an
external battery system, that they say is recommended by Tascam,
that supplies a nominal 6volts, so apparently it can work fine on
6volts. Make sure that you are connecting to the 7.2v pin and not
the charge pin.

I suspect that your external battery is either worn out, not charged
properly, or can not supply enough current to operate the machine.
You can determine this easily by measuring the battery terminal
voltage as you try to power on the machine.

For an external battery pack, you might consider one from Eco-
charge. They also make power adapter cables for the Tascam so you
don't have to chop up your power supply's cable.

The Eco-charge batteries for the Tascam DA-P1 are at:
http://www.eco-charge.com/systems_tascamchoice.html

-Adam Liberman
Liberman Sound
www.libermansound.com

--- In  Syd Curtis <>
wrote:

> Anyone out there with experience of this problem with a Tascam DA-
P1 DAT