Introduction / Tropical Bird Sounds page

Subject: Introduction / Tropical Bird Sounds page
From: "Earl Vickers" <>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 16:01:58 -0000
Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm an audio engineer and former
sound designer and nature sound recorder. I spent a year in Costa
Rica in
'89/'90 and released a binaural recording of nature sounds from the
cloud
forest and lowland forest -- the second half was slowed down to half-
and
quarter-speed to portray the songs in more detail.

I've posted a web page of tropical bird sounds at:
http://www.museumofconceptualart.com/nature/birdsounds/birds.html .

One day I'd like to do an essay on The Evolution of Acoustic Beauty,
or make a compilation CD of the world's most beautiful natural
sounds, or
transcribe slowed-down thrush songs for cello, or do a statistical
analysis of
mockingbird song, or make an underwater binaural recording using the
world's largest
dummy head. Oops, just gave away all my best ideas...

Earl Vickers
C.E.O., The Sound Guy, Inc.
http://www.sfxmachine.com