Re: Tascam US-122

Subject: Re: Tascam US-122
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 17:07:42 -0000
Hi Rob,

It looks nice ; see
http://messe.harmony-central.com/Musikmesse03/Content/Tascam/PR/US-
122.html
for a large picture so you can read the labels on the machine, and
for some text.

It supports 24-bit operation at 44.1kHz and 48kHz, and runs without
additional power (besides the USB power).

I own their US428 machine, that is somewhat a different machine, but
also features USB and XLR, TRS mic input and TRS and SPDIF input and
output. Nice thing is you can monitor directly after the preamp.

But I have never seriously tested its ADC's and DAC's ; never had the
need to use them, I use it as a MIDI/WAV controller that happens to
have a ADC and DAC built in.
I do know that TASCAM put great effort in keeping EMI and EMC out of
their housing, take a look at this site to see how well they care
about electronical design ;
http://www.llornkcor.com/Audio/docs/428.html

Regards, Evert

--- In  Rob Danielson <>