RE: binaural fun

Subject: RE: binaural fun
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:03:00 -0700
I still think the DSM's are a better quality binaural mic. They have
optional windsocks and are worn on the head, not in the ear. You should
look at this option; I think the quality is far better too given the
available sound bytes. Check their website
http://www.sonicstudios.com/guypage.htm
Here you will find some recordings made of acoustic guitars etc recorded
raw. Beautiful!!
The DSM's range from about $300 to $1500 for the Guy Sonic but the
quality is terrific. If you want to hear some nature sounds with them
listen to my crows at 20'
http://www.naturesound.org/Sound%20Files/Crow%20calls%20on%20dsm%20mic.m
p3

Martyn