Re: First recordings with a Telinga

Subject: Re: First recordings with a Telinga
From: "Raimund Specht" <>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 20:22:27 -0000
--- In  "Laloux, Dominique"
<> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I received my first Telinga about 2 weeks ago. Great microphone !
Even
> though it rained nearly every day since, I managed to make a few
> recordings... Just wanted to share them with you.
>
> http://www.pca.be/samples

Hi Dominique,

That are quite nice recordings.

It seems, that you have confused the Wood Warbler with the Willow
Warbler on your page. The file labeled 'Wood Warbler' should be a
Willow warbler (Phylloscopus trochilus).

I also recorded the Willow Warbler with my new Telinga Universal /
MKH 800 combination recently (unfortunately not in stereo and only
short sequences):
http://www.avisoft-saslab.com/sounds/fit3.wav

This would be a Wood Warbler:
http://www.avisoft-saslab.com/sounds/waldlaub2.wav

Some times you can also hear that song type:
http://www.avisoft-saslab.com/sounds/waldlaub3.wav

Last week I was happy to approach a Grasshopper Warbler very close.
It was at night and the bird was only a few meters away from my MKH
60:
http://www.avisoft-saslab.com/sounds/fes.wav

All these recordings were also made in Europe. I have to ride my
bicycle for about 15 minutes to reach the recording sites from my
home here in Berlin, Germany. However, the airport (and other street
traffic) is close and I often have to wait until the airplanes
disappear.

Regards,
Raimund