Re: Research Project needs Chickadee and Tit recordings

Subject: Re: Research Project needs Chickadee and Tit recordings
From: "Mark Fischer" <>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:34:47 -0000
Good morning Doug,

--- In  Doug Von Gausig <>
> People are often fearful of anthropomorphizing and they feel more
> comfortable using terms that imply that bird (and other animal)
> communication is simple and Skinnerian - just responses to stimuli.
There's a peculiar kind of clicking that happens when blackbirds flock
on the way to roost at night. It's not song, maybe a way to keep the
group centered?

Well, it sounds like more than a few people have noticed the depth
going on here. I wonder, do you have to be an old fart to perceive
these things? It seems to me a shame this kind of listening is not
taught to children.

Mark
~~~~