Re: Download difficulties

Subject: Re: Download difficulties
From: "Jeffrey D. Daub" <>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 12:47:11 -0700
Jeremy,

I think Evert may be right. Saving to disk is a better option so you can
ahve it later for reference.

Is sounds like it is probably trying to play back the file with a
quicktime "applet" within your browser, which takes some time to load
even if it is configured correctly on a slow internet connection.

Jeff

evertveldhuis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same thing; what happens is that the filetypes
> are 'linked' to a programm on your PC. That programm gets loaded and
> you are supposed to activate the loaded file from within that page.
> But you probably do not want that.
>
> What you probably will want is this ; save the PDF to harddisk or
> save the MP3 to harddisk, you can do that by 'right clicking' with
> your mouse. This will generate a small window with some options, one
> of those options is 'save target as...' When you choose this option
> it lets you save the file to your harddisk so you can open it with
> your own programm (winamp for instance).
>
> If you are more into a permanent solution, I am afraid in that case
> you have to (re-install some software and) edit the mapsettings so
> that file-extensions are 'linked' again to the programm of your
> choice. But I am totally unaware of HOW to do that ; I am a teacher,
> I can hint at the solution and tell you what is wrong, but I cannot
> help you with actually solving the problem :)
>
> Regards, Evert
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=3D251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=3Degroupweb/S=
=3D1705083663:HM/A=3D1564415/R=3D0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=3D6=