RE: Re: Walt and List Toxicity

Subject: RE: Re: Walt and List Toxicity
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 20:43:05 -0700
(Until recently this list has been great.  People helping people be they
beginner or expert.  I have admired the patience of the list members.
Often they are discussing things that I do not understand but giving me
lot of good advice.  Suddenly we got a list member criticized
(completely
unjustly) over the narration of his work.  This was completely
unconstructive criticism.  This is a person who has brought nature
sounds to
many people and many including me enjoy his work and narration. What is
the
point of such comments.  Does it add to the topic of nature recording.)

Cor, fire breathing or what! The narrator comment was directed at me, if
that post was read and taken in the manor it was said you would have
understood, Walt certainly did, Funny how you slagged off David
Attenbourgh to get your point across? If you look at the post I made, I
said that I WOULDN'T use my voice either!! That was never a personal
attack on anyone just constructive argument... I felt that with such
good work, it deserved the right voice to put it across, that's all, you
shouldn't be so touchy.
I have it in good faith that Walt is OK too, he is just taking a
breather, well deserved in my opinion, I just hope he hurries up or I'll
be sending all my questions to him personally, Maybe he will start his
own Group?!! (Just Joking)

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

"The first thing that you notice
when you listen through headphones
and a microphone is how much noise there is in
our environment, and how it
masks much that we want to hear,"
  <http://naturesound.org> http://naturesound.org
425-898-8516