Intro &Questions

Subject: Intro &Questions
From: Ivan Aleksic <>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:25:27 +0200
Hello to the group!
I have been reading this newsgroup since last fall and I have found it very
useful. As a new member of this group I should introduce myself. I'm
herpetologist and I work in a Institute for biological research in
Belgrade, Serbia (former Yugoslavia). I've had limited experience recording
frog calls with a borrowed Dan Gibson parabola and Sony MZ-R30 MD recorder.
Now, I'm planning to record frog calls for scientific/conservation
purposes. My (Project) budget is limited (about 1000$) and I must start
with modest equipment. I already have a Sony MZ-R30 recorder (thought I
look for direct Wav recording  - portable HD recorders). I'm little bit
sceptical about transfer from MD to computer (only analog output, ATRAC
compression...).
My present plan is to acquire Sennheiser K6/ME66 or ME67 shotgun and
homemade parabola (based on Telinga dish and Sony ECM-T150). The choice of
equipment is narrowed because there is only two or three import company
(for pro-audio stuff)here. Questions:
1.Can I use a K6 capsule in a parabola? According to article From  Hardware
Product Review -  Low Cost Shotgun Microphone Comparison: Audio-Technica
AT835b,  Azden SGM-2X, Sennheiser K-6/ME-66/ME-67- Review by Dan Brockett)
"The K6 power module can also be converted to lavaliere mic unit as well as
well as a PZM, omni-cardioid and a super cardioid"???
2.Can I use Sennheiser ME series with Sony MZ-R30 (or with Creative Nomad
Jukebox 3 later).
3.Some recommendations about another mic.
Regards,
Ivan

dr  Ivan Aleksic
Dept. of Evolutionary Biology