Cool Edit

Subject: Cool Edit
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:44:25 -0700
Just a quickie to thank Rudi for the sound class at Crissy Field in San
Francisco today, for me, it was a long way down for the trip from
Seattle just for 24 hours but it was well worth it, a lot of the class
was directed for the beginner, but I did get a couple of tricks out of
the Cool Edit program that I was unaware of. Classes like these are
great for the novice and people who want to take the plunge into sound
recording and getting their recordings onto a PC are well worth
attending. It's great to see people getting interested in Nature
recording this way, and certainly introduces and makes people aware of
our beloved shrinking World out there; there was a guy of over 80 years
of age who was just starting off!! He had bought a Portadisk and a
couple of mkh20s, so he was in for the kill!
Anybody who is starting this game, I would highly recommend looking for
classes like these to further develop your skills.

Martyn