RE: Shotgun microphone

Subject: RE: Shotgun microphone
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 20:47:05 -0800
(Note that a lot of the bit about parabolics not reflecting low
frequencies is flawed understanding of how sound travels through air.
Even the tiniest dish (or microphone diaphragm) reflects low
frequencies. If this were not so, then microphones could not pick up
those frequencies.)

I agree, I get better response from my Telinga dish to low frequencies
than I do from my shotguns

Some Notes from the British Library and a recording of a Roughed Grouse
I recorded.
http://www.naturesound.org/Examples.htm

Martyn Stewart