Re: Re: Shipping audio gear in the US

Subject: Re: Re: Shipping audio gear in the US
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 07:07:32 -0500

Travellers:

I (we) leave for Kauai on Monday, and plan to be gone 10 days.  I am going=

to try a new service, I'll report on the success.  The business was started=

by an acquaintance, and is called    www.skybrations.com

The idea is they ship, Fed Ex or ?, your valuable and / or heavy luggage,
you have just carry on baggage, and you never visit the airport carousel
again.  Yes, you can lock and insure the luggage - they quoted me base
insurance of $ 500, and an additional dollar cost per hundred for more
coverage. The shipping fee is steep but it looks like the answer to our
travel security / theft problems.

I plan to pack my mics, tripod, optics and HHb with bulky clothes in a
large suitcase.  The catch, so far is you have to have it packed several
days in advance, so it can be picked up and be waiting at your hotel when
you arrive.  Skybrations has special labels they use and they handle every=

detail.  We will depart from Hawaii for return from a different hotel - no=

problem, they say.

I haven't asked about travel to other countries and how customs would be
handled.  We'll get back to the list on this.

Marty Michener
MIST Software Associates PO Box 269, Hollis, NH 03049

EnjoyBirds.com  - Software that migrates with you.    http://www.EnjoyBirds=
.com