Re: Success! and some more samples

Subject: Re: Success! and some more samples
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 20:33:41 -0500
Rich Peet wrote:
> I understand that from your area you likely will not know the
> american toad.  I also understand this sound bite will not be the one
> you want.  But here is the American toad in daylight with blackbirds
> and the like. Only to help you in understanding. Yes the bitrate hurt
> the sound, and you should get the GA toad. A small <100kb download

They hardly ever call here in daylight. I'm not sure where you got that
we don't have them. They are in the northern half of Georgia, all the
area above the fall line. They are a very early spring caller here. Very
smooth and musical note compared to the Southern Toads. Ours do a much
longer call than your example. You can check out a few calls on my
webpage on them:
http://wwknapp.home.mindspring.com/docs/american.toad.html
One of the two toads photographed there was from my front yard.

They don't seem to like the heat down here much. Hard to find in the summer.