Re: Success! and some more samples

Subject: Re: Success! and some more samples
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:28:13 -0000
I understand that from your area you likely will not know the
american toad.  I also understand this sound bite will not be the one
you want.  But here is the American toad in daylight with blackbirds
and the like. Only to help you in understanding. Yes the bitrate hurt
the sound, and you should get the GA toad. A small <100kb download

http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/toads.mp3

Rich Peet

--- In  Walter Knapp <>
wrote:
> Aaron Ximm wrote:
> > Congratulations Walter, that's just great.
> >
> > At the risk of asking a superficial question, I have to ask, do
you have a
> > particular affection for any of the species ~ for reasons related
to the
> > long, personal hunt, or the quality of their call and
behavior...? :)

> > (Or perhaps just as interesting ~ any *least* favorites?)
>
> I'm a fan of treefrogs a little more than the others. I
particularly
> like the Bird-voiced Treefrog, and the Pine Barrens Treefrog. It
was the
> Bird-voiced that initially got me into recording frogs.
>
> I'm not through with the Pine Barrens Treefrog. Not officially
known
> from Georgia, there have been a few unofficial, unconfirmed
reports.
> That has a much larger area to sift than there was for the
Brimley's,
> nearly a third of the state is possible. If I find that one Georgia
will
> have 32 species. I've got more looking for that on my agenda for a
> little later in the spring.
>
> I like all the frogs, each species has it's own special
characteristics.

> In some ways, Green Treefrogs, Cope's Gray Treefrogs, Spring
Peepers,