Re: Birds of Asia

Subject: Re: Birds of Asia
From: miguel <>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:23:10 -0800
Greetings, does any body have information on birds of the Philippines? Any
information will be appreciated, thank you.

Miguel rivera

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor   ADVERTISEMENT

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:23:23 2005
Message: 12
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:44:59 -0500
From: Walter Knapp <>
Subject: Re: SASS (again)

Rich Peet  wrote:
> Once again we are not that different.
>
> The me-62 cap is so far down the tube to make it impossible to do a
> pzm.  Just the way the thing is and nothing more.

It could, of course, be taken out of it's housing.

The critical thing is the exact location of the diaphragm. That has to
end up even with the boundary surface. Is it behind those side slots?

> I find my handling noise on the sass more related to mic cables than
> the mic when the cable is where the sound comes from.  If that makes
> any sense and does not become redundant and obvious.

Yes, I found that the cables were more of a source than my hand on the
handle. Though the handle also has a pretty direct path to the capsules.
I could hand hold it, but the level of care necessary is worlds more
than with the mod SASS. Hard to do for any length of time. I think
because I suspend the mics on O-rings in the mod SASS, and in the
original the capsule is solidly part of the structure there is almost no
transmission to the mics in the mod and darned direct in the original.

It might help on the original to pull the back plate, and put a soft
gasket under it. And pull the bottom mount and do the same. To break the
mechanical linkage.

> A mkh-110 is not that hard to rebuild in any shape you want. After
> all, it is just a simple two npn transistor and two transformer
> circuit.  Most of the components are just caps for rf isolation
> around the crystal.

My point is there is a lot less machining involved in mounting it in
it's existing housing. Not that it can't be done. I can visualize the
parts I'd have to machine to replace the housing to fit a SASS. And the
time it would take to make them.

Anyway, you have enough of them to wreck a few. I have much less. I did
consider originally when building my SASS/MKH-110 taking it out of the
housing, and looked seriously at what was involved. Then stuck them back
in their housings and machined the simple holders it takes to hold the
housings.

Actually my SASS/MKH-110 is all apart right now. I've machined the new,
improved holders, just figuring out how much of the circuit on the back
plate will have to be pruned away before I bore the back plate to the
new size. I've about decided to set it all up in the jig and bore it and
then start trimming. I can do the machining without hitting the circuit
board or it's electronics.