Re: Repairs and Insurance

Subject: Re: Repairs and Insurance
From: Doug Von Gausig <>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:28:31 -0700
At 09:24 PM 2/16/2003, you wrote:
>Scott Shepard wrote:
>
> > Second, how, if at all, do you insure your gear when you take it out
> > into the world (or even when it stays behind)?  I've been getting more
> > and more uncomfortable with having all the expensive stuff traveling
> > with me.

Ask your homeowner's insurer for a "floater" policy. These are "all-risk"
mini-policies attached to your homeowner's coverage that will insure either=

specific ("scheduled") equipment or unspecified ("unscheduled", or
"blanket"") equipment while it is anywhere in the world. The coverage will=

include theft and most other common causes of loss. They are usually not
expensive - rated on the value of the equipment. Your homeowner's or
renter's policy probably already includes some "off-premises" coverage for=

your personal belongings, but may limit the value and some of the causes of=

loss that "floaters" will cover.

I am an ex (happily) insurance agent.

Doug
Doug Von Gausig