Re: Mac OS9 to OSX Finder Comments

Subject: Re: Mac OS9 to OSX Finder Comments
From: Jeremiah Moore <>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:05:48 -0800
I've written applescript for pulling finder comments into Filemaker
Pro in OS9.  I suppose you could "suck in" all of your comments, and
then use another applescript to re-attatch them to the same files in
OSX.

The applescript is part of a sound effects management system I offer
commercially.  It's possible that, if people need this kind of thing,
I could make a special purpose application (in Filemaker) which would
do it.

I have needs for this myself once I start to go OSX.

-jeremiah

>Walt and other Mac users:
>
>I just became aware that OSX does not display the "file info" or "comments"
>that I added to a number of soundfiles when using OS9. The book says that a
>different system is used for comments, which means OS9 comments are not
>readable by OSX.
>
>I wonder if there's any OSX shareware available that will retrieve OS9
>comment information and put it in the correct new place.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>lang
jeremiah lyman moore | san francisco | sound+media |
http://babyjane.com/timeweb/
http://northstation.net/ organic, mechanized, organized sound