Re: 600 Watt - 10 Hz

Subject: Re: 600 Watt - 10 Hz
From: "evertveldhuis <>" <>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 20:08:04 -0000
Klas,

A 600 Watt 10 Hz subwoofer is what I call a dust blower :)
Just some fancy way to clean the house... And it will most likely
tear down the neighbour's house while you are cleaning yours :(

But seriously, I hope a change is gonna come so in the near future
more attention is being paid to real HiFi quality; not High End
products with great specs so even the bats can enjoy our music, but
just good equipment.

I also hope the music recordings are yet again recorded with normal /
natural dynamics instead of all the compression and limitting; music
nowadays is just made like you have to have a 600 Watt 10 Hz
subwoofer to FEEL it. You know; feel the sound in your car, and
outside as well :) Stupid earblowing terror...

A very interresting article - that deals with the above issues and
with compression - can be found on this location:

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/8A133F52D0FD71AB862
56C2E005DAF1C

Regards, Evert - who loves 70-ies prog recordings!