Website report

Subject: Website report
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 03:09:36 -0500
I just went and checked the statistics for 2002 for my Frogs and Toads
of Georgia website.

For all of the year it had about 89,000 visitors, on average each one
stayed between 4 & 5 minutes, and looked at two webpages. That's a
couple hundred a day. As you might expect the busy season was late
spring, early summer, though there is still pretty steady activity even now.

In the last 5 months since I changed the site organization, over 500
visitors have listened to some of the soundfiles. On average each of
those listened to more than 5 soundfiles and stayed nearly 7 minutes. A
total of some 2800 individual audio files listened to in the last 5
months. A average of several people a day interested in the frog audio.
And remember that this is the slow season for the site.

  Over a million hits for files of all types. People emailing me after
visiting the site was up a lot this last year too, nearly a email a week
from people who found me through the site. With many of those coming
from the ones that listened to soundfiles.

For those wondering if a pure information nature site for a local area
will the looked at, or audio listened to, I would say that they
certainly will. My site has been up for about 3 years now. Activity has
jumped each year, but even the first year saw many people per day.