Re:sharp MD models

Subject: Re:sharp MD models
From: Tanya Nu <>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 12:03:00 -0500
Hi all- Im revisiting the topic of Minidisc recorders after being pulled
away from it by life for a month or two. Sorry of these are redundant
questions that some of you have already answered for me!!

Ive gone to minidisc.org and begun sifting through all the info there on the
various MD recorders by Sharp. Im running into a kind of  dizzying array of
features, and Im hoping you all can narrow some of this down for me.

I do not want sound activated recording. Unless thats an optional feature. I
woudlnt want to deal with recording being cut off after four seconds of
"silence".

I want to control the gain (minidisc.org implies that all Sharps have this
feature, but that might not be so..)

Can I have or do I need flexibility in mic type compatibility? Im thinking I
can get away with battery powered condenser mics for now, but I recall
reading somewhere that some models allow use of preamps and such while
others do not...

Finally, some models appear to be more ergonimcally practical than others.

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

-Tanya