Follow up: How close should "matched" mics be?

Subject: Follow up: How close should "matched" mics be?
From: Joe P <>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:33:31 -0800
This is a follow up on the issue of a pair of "matched" Sound
Professionals SP-CMC-4 omni lapel mics I'd purchased for ambient
recording with a minidisk.  The original mics showed about a 3dB
difference in response between them across the audio spectrum.

I returned the mics to Minidisco and am happy to report that preliminary
tests show the replacements seem to be within 0.2dB of eachother.  For
my intended use, that's quite a bit better than acceptable :-)

So although I wish it hadn't been necessary to return them, my story has
a happy ending.

--
Joe P

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:23:04 2005