Re: Praat sound analysis software...free download

Subject: Re: Praat sound analysis software...free download
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 02:33:31 -0500
Note that I use Macs. PC virus dies when it tries to touch my computer.
If it even gets through the router. I don't allow my PC to play on the
net, it's not even connected to our Lan. Nothing but macs to play with
on the Lan for a virus. None of the things bugbear needs to exist are
here from what I read about it.

You did get the message via Yahoo. Maybe they are handing out virii
tonight. Though I just checked what got back to me in detail and no
extra content. Nor does the echoed copy of my original of that message.
The virus load for bugbear is big enough to be noticeable.

I'm also on OS 9.2, not the unix based OS 10.2. There are unix virus
attacks, though I've not heard of any that ran successfully on OS 10.2.
It has it's own form of security for that.

Yes, I see email attacks come in here every day, just so much dead data
here.

I have recently moved to Netscape 7, but so far I've seen nothing to
indicate it's been attacked. They might could get in with a cookie or
something. But most of the cookies I've tossed out were places like
Yahoo attempting to spy. I actively manage my cookies so am aware of
what's added there.

I do know that at least one PC somewhere that had my email address in it
was infected. Spoof messages with my email for return have shown up I
see them when they have a bad email address and bounce back to sender. I
hand them over to my ISP for processing. Did you check to see if the
message in question came directly from Yahoo's setup?

It would be very nice if PC folks took a little interest in security.
Quit buying that wide open OS that my 80 year old mother could probably
break into. Or my cat.

Walt