Re: Powering the Sound Devices MP-2

Subject: Re: Powering the Sound Devices MP-2
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 18:13:34 -0800
Zach, you wrote,

>Given the versatality of the MP-2 power supply stage, I was thinking I
>would like to power mine with a 6v lantern battery, but I was wondering if
>anyone would happen to know what the mA rating on one of those is. Has
>anyone used a lantern battery to power one? Does anyone know the minimum m=
>rating I can use for a 6V feed? The site says 50mA for a 12V, so I don't
>know how that would equate to a lower voltage.

You'll find Sound Devices very helpful with any question you have.
Ask Jon Tatooles

The MP-2 is rated to work down to 5V; using a 6V battery is awfully
close to that. You'll be out of power when the battery is only partly
drained. It would be better to power it from a higher-voltage source
like 12V-worth of AA batteries. You'd get longer life and less weight.

-Dan Dugan

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:23:02 2005
Message: 17