ice booming

Subject: ice booming
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:50:13 -0000
I promised ice booming sound when the time was right.
Today is the day here.
I hope you all do not mind a 670 kb download.
To listen go to:

http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/ice.mp3

Temps this am were 0 degrees F.
This was recorded on a city lake at noon.
This activity was very loud and could easily be heard when off the
lake a few hundred yards.
Now I am off to attempt a sound track that will be titled.
"walking on thin ice"
It should be best about sunset today and I will be walking softly and
carrying a big stick.

Rich Peet