RE: ... singing ponds

Subject: RE: ... singing ponds
From: "Barb Beck" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:11:55 -0700
My son just put up some pictures where he had this caption on the one of
Ghost Lake "Local lake, we call Ghost lake, because of it's kidney shape th=
ice gets a pressure ridge down the middle, which when the sun hits and it
expands in the morning it emits frequent ghostly hoots from the ice rubbing
against itself. If you walk out on the ice it's like standing on a huge
speaker - incredibly cool. ."

Barb Beck
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada