Re: Nicad charging.

Subject: Re: Nicad charging.
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 22:08:59 -0500
J. Young wrote:
> Stuart,
>   The next time you buy batteries for your recorder you may want to look at
> the nickel metal hydride batteries. I think you will find they do not have
> any memory
> problems that your nicad's are prone to. Also they can be charged many times
> over
> with either a slow charger or a quick one.

The batteries that come with the Portadisc are NIMH. They don't
recommend Nicads.

>   I saw an ad for NiMH batteries the other day that said the newer AA
> batteries
> give a output of 2100 ma which should run the recorder for quite a while.
>   Ebay is a good source for these batteries and the chargers too.

The places I buy from it's 1800 - 1900 mAh as the highest capacity
currently available from a fair list of manufacturers. I just got in
some new GP 1900 mAh for my Portadisc. I used 1800's this year.

I kind of left Ebay for the batteries as there was a lag on the newest
batteries showing there at a good price. And a lot of the ones sold were
seconds. And others like the 9.6volt NIMH rechargables I get never have
showed up at all. I get my chargers that way, however.